Cutting Edge


Composed by Shaire Blythe


Monday, July 19, 2010
Cutting Edge



I keep myself caged.
Even the pastor has trouble trying to get me to change.
I get restless in the pews
And my mind is far gone
 
 
It’s not unusual for me to feel like this
Trapped behind these bars
Even sometimes my mind don’t wanta fully work
 
 
I go there halfway and then halt
It smells like trouble
 
 
Tryna find the key to my heart
The locks not breaking
 
 
Take it to battle
Get it shot
It won’t bleed
It’s empty
 
 
But it’s still beating
It won’t stop
No, it’s not retreating
It’ll give all its got
The very thought of expiration
It’s its motivation
To keep going on
Even on the cutting edge
 
 
Acting as if there’s no care in the world
Clearing the mind with cigarettes
When I want to run and hide
 
 
Then I’m called up
I can feel the rush
Of my blood flowing from my hands to my toes
The good Lord knows
This is not how it goes
I’m meant to be open
I’m meant to be fearless

Comments

Popular Posts