More To Life

When I think of where I'm from, I think of the town as a place that I can get stuck in. Now days, it seems like kids are having kids before they graduate high school. & if they don't have a kid before walking across a stage to get their diploma, it's not too far down the line that they do end up having a kid and settle around the town. That's just the female perspective. From the side of a male, they either get a job and hangout, or some don't do anything useful at all. I'm not a male, so my focus is more on the female side, but I didn't think it would be fair to cover one side and not the other.

Getting to my point, since getting 'stuck' and having kids early seems to be common, I have to ask myself sometimes "Well, then, what is going to happen to me? Will I soon end up in the same spot, just later on down the line or what?" And I know I am not them, 'cause they aren't me, but it really makes me wonder.

I have nothing against the ones who decided to start families early. Kudos to them, especially if they're happy. As long as they're happy, that's all that matters. I know that me, personally, I don't want that life yet, or maybe not ever. To me, having to look after my niece was enough to make me want to pull my hair out sometimes. Also, kids can be so bad these days that the thought of bringing them into the world we live in is questionable. (I'm falling off subject here, I feel. Saving bad kids for another day).

I think I lost where I was going with this, but summing it up:

One thing is for sure, I don't want to get stuck here in my town. I don't want to go off and a year or two later, or after graduating college, come back and settle for whatever reason (pregnancy, too scared to venture, lost hope, etc). Life is short and regardless of what's common to my town, I know there's More To Life than what surrounds me for the time being. Will the thought continue to poke at me sometimes that I could end up in a statistical position? Probably. I know of nothing else really than what I see everyday. But I would like to believe that my Faith in myself overpowers a thorn in my side.

Comments

Popular Posts