Stepping Up To The Plate

You say I'm beautiful, but why doesn't it show?
You say I'm beautiful, why won't you come up to me and let me know?

You keep your distance, won't look me in the eye
Just walk away, boy I'm wishing you would say what's on your mind, don't be shy

Cause I can love you, you never know
I can touch you, like you never been touched before
My lips can kiss you, make your whole world explode
Oh, you never know - "You Never Know" By Shaire Blythe



Above is the lyrics to the beginning of a song I've started on, but haven't finished or went in and made changes just yet. It consists of never knowing if someone is into you or not. Everyone's been in that situation. Maybe you think you see signs of another being into you, but then you're not completely sure. Or maybe you've simply had a crush on someone, etc.

So many fear rejection (I do myself at times). But fear can equal the loss of a great journey. A couple of times, I've had a crush, didn't say anything to them or indicated that I was into them, so I moved on. Next thing I knew, on down the line, I came to find out that my old crush thought the same of me, but we both hadn't done anything about it, and by that point, the levels we were on were different. That left questions and made me wonder what could've been.

Don't think that a guy or girl is oblivious to you staring at them (in some cases, some really are, but anywhoo...). So you keep staring, but say nada to the person? Honestly, from a girl's point of view, the girl could actually be screaming in her head for you to talk to her - you never know. But you just keep staring. What's the point in that? When a guy speaks up, that equals confidence, which is good. Any girl can agree on that.

When it comes to rejection, you never know what position the other person is in. They could have a boyfriend or girlfriend, or they may have enough on their plate already when it comes to relationships; could be having a bad day, maybe unattracted to you & etc. Whatever the situation may be, don't take the rejection to heart. But I must say: If any person you attempt to approach acts like a total jerk or a witch (swap out the 'w' for a 'b'), you have no reason to be with them anyways, unless you like a jerk or a witch (again 'b' instead of 'w'). If rejected, you can at least say you tried and don't have any questions. Move on, and it wasn't meant to be anyways (MAYBE). Or, you was just saved from a later heartbreak.

Comments

Popular Posts