Abuse

By Shaire Blythe 
December 3, 2015

Abuse

Silence. Abuse. 
I never thought of those going together. 
But they do. 

I did nothing. 
Honest. Faithful. 
Of course I had my trust issues. 
After all I've been through, the scars will forever exist.
But the funny thing, I was fine at beginning. 
You gave me every reason to trust you. 
You didn't cast your phone upside down or have messages coming in before the crack of dawn. 
It was all so simple. Delicate. New. 

I don't know what happened. 
I don't know where we went wrong. 
I have changed due to what I've seen. What you've said. 
I don't speak on future unless you painted a picture for me. 
I don't get gut feelings as if my whole body might go crashing toward the ground unless actions turn deceiving. 

I gave my all. 
I know what I've wanted all along. 
My vision for relationship never changed. 
I can't say the same for you. 
And the sad thing is: at the end of the day, I'll still care for you and your wellbeing. 
But I won't allow myself the abuse a minute longer. 
No more. 

Comments

Popular Posts