Infinity

By Shaire Blythe
Friday, January 22, 2016

Infinity

In one place I stay and lay, but I can breathe
Lost up in my thoughts, what you promised me
Like have you really forgotten you said you loved me
And how you wanted to give me a diamond ring, and even your legacy
Did You release those words cause they were only said a few weeks ago?

And you were truly my home, my safe place, comfort zone 
And I never felt this way on my own
You showed me and you said to me so much that made me a queen on a throne
It wasn't easy, I had my walls up so high
But you told me to believe in you and let them go
To feel, really feel and go with the flow
There was no wrong way

And you were doing the same
Where did the change come?
I mean, I saw the changes 
I felt you changing
That's when I would question 
And you told me to question 
You would be a man, step up and make me secure
We could get through this, we were supposed to get through this
I believed

You were more than a lover, I saw you as my best friend 
That's what I really cherished
We said that we were best friends 
All the rest were just bonuses
They say your love should be your best friend 
We've opened up to each other, more than any other
More good than bad, and we were supposed to last till infinity 
That's what you sent me
Till infinity
That's what you gave me

You said that you needed things, things that I gave you
But now you want easy
That's what you've now run to

Okay, okay
Go ahead and go that way
Okay, okay 
Maybe another day
Okay, okay
You say that you're happy
But we know that our connection is once in a lifetime 

And I was fully there
Don't act like I wasn't
That moment on the balcony we shared
That was for certain when I knew that I loved you
Though it had already been said

And this is me letting go of the past, cause you've done the same
Those planned adventures, the plans for our future, all the hell and good that we've been through, must burn in the flames
Cause if I don't let them go, I won't release my hold on you
I'll stay lost in my confusion, all of it's useless cause no answers will come my way

I'll never be the same
I gave myself with caution
Yet still feel like you're one of my soulmates
How does one let that go?
Just carry on, and keep their head high?
When you know, you know, you know

Said that I brought you peace
Said I brought you happiness
Changed you for a better man
Was that all I was meant for?

My soul feels incomplete 
When you just laid with me, I felt warm
You saved me from the cold
Fell in love with your eyes, could gaze into them all the time
Just seeing you made me smile, uncontrollably 
Was it all for nothing or truly something?

Don't say give me time
We both know what that means
In fact, we've discussed so many things that you're now doing
That you said were red flags, all the bs from other men
But that's the one thing, they never were men, only pretending 

Well I'm not pretending 
I'm stronger than that
Till infinity






Comments

Popular Posts