Let Me Sigh

By Shaire Blythe 
October 28, 2015

Let Me Sigh

I don't know what it is you want from me
I stare at you, and you stare back
Blank, emotionless 
No ones there, but you are right here

Baby, can you not see that you are right here
Warm flesh, flowing blood
You are the perfect definition of a human being 
But then nobody is perfect, right?

An empty home, a cleared out shelf
Every once in awhile chairs will be brought back and books will be placed over there
But there's no telling anymore with you

I'm over here just tip toeing on coals of fire, getting burned each and every time 
You know, I'm through
I have had enough
I don't like this back and forth
It was nothing I signed up for

But then it's you
Damn it, it's you 
The one that I love
The one I have invited into my life all so naturally 
It's you

Watching you walk out that door, I know you won't look back
Give it three minutes and I know you'll come walking back

Comments

Popular Posts