Soul Of Gold

By Shaire Blythe 
Sunday, February 15, 2015

Soul Of Gold

Every second is of the essence
Always showing my face, vulnerability
Cut myself and watch me bleed

I take all the fault, the reasons I display my heart through broken mirrors
So I apologize
But that gave you no excuse
You ran right over me
Don't you know I'm human too
And who are you?

Sometimes I do think of what we could have been and who you'll be someday
I start to wish bad things, but take them back and pray for your peace of mind 
Hopefully you're still not committing crimes
If so, let my prayers fall on your next victims

Nothing is an excuse for you to trample hearts
Choose the wrong one and see where that lands you
You won't know you
Do you know you?

Through the bullshit I noticed a soul of gold
Why are you wasting it, letting it dim everyday?
But I'll let you be and do you
Maybe one day you'll see

Comments

Popular Posts