Women's Recognition

Women's Recognition
By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, January 15, 2016

Now I can truly see
A part of the reason you made me your one and only
It might take me a while to think and connect the pieces, but I do eventually
And that's something a man won't find out playing in the streets, And you know this

All of your attention I was given, fully devoted on this rollercoaster ride of love together
Built our foundation starting with best friends and blossomed from there
Brick by brick we gave trust, honesty, respect and love
And that's exactly how it should be

We saw the pretty things, We saw the ugly
There is always ugly, but now, I have to take my leave
Cause that's just what you want

A mind of a man's is one thing I'll never understand, But I do try
Especially when I know when someone is worth fighting for
And I really don't have to say this, we know,
All of a sudden, you've been claiming for freedom

The grass isn't always greener
They just feed you ego
Temporary happiness, while denying a security of love
The worst isn’t that I'm also being deprived, but that I have to see you sink so low
That's why you say you will, but make no effort to keep me around
Can't even treat me like a best friend, Cause we both know we are meant to be more than best friends
And having me around screws with your exploring lifestyle

It makes sense why you say "Be patient" though my heart knows what it wants,
I found a diamond in a pile of gemstones, So I grabbed it and haven't let go of my hold
Same for you,
You keep your foot in the door, but dropped full commitment
Cause you plan on being back again
Called it "No doubt in us" and after the dust has gone, you'll make your way home and expect us to be stronger than before
Who knows

Never been put through this before, not this sort of war
War between what you want and what you need, when at jump, you knew everything
Gave me consistency
I'll just keep praying, God give me strength

Comments

Popular Posts