Detox

I had never been happier. He was my comfort zone. With him, any bad thing in my life or that came my way, just being around him made me forget. Bad times, they still existed. I hated those times, but I knew they were normal. As long as we got through them, and continued the battles together, and both wanted to, we would always come back. There was more good than bad.

I think back to the beginning. It was amazing. I wasn't oblivious that the "honeymoon" stage would end. It ended pretty fast. And even after it ended, it was still amazing to me.

Communication got lost. So did a sense of respect for the other. The "I's" that were dropped for the "Us's" turned back to "I's." One one end, the other got lost somewhere--decided they didn't want what was presented any more and couldn't communicate it either. Something so simple couldn't be spoken, but instead dragged along until the other pointed the problem out for the last time. At that point in time, it's nearly too late.

Nothing can't be repaired, though. And that's exactly what I'm doing

I'm repairing me. 


Comments

Popular Posts