For Tonight

By Shaire Blythe
December 29, 2015

For Tonight

I'll be the punching bag, you can claim the fighter
Don't know where you got all that

All that blah blah, them made up stories 
Blows to the head
Trying to make me feel sorry
No time or energy left, that's what I said

So you really wanna go
You really wanna take these rounds
And no I'm not for sure that this is an easy way out
And it could be wrong or it could be right for tonight

Said you really wanna go now
I'll save myself, find my own way out
And it might just be wrong but why couldn't it be right for tonight

I'll be the playground and you be the child
Run all over me

Leaving bruises and scratches, that leaves no repair
My voice is broken

No fixing, no mending
Seems we've been here a thousand times 
Just throw out your threats

We will stay
Come back another day
We will cry
And we'll fight, and we'll see 
The light...

But we'll stay, for tonight

Comments

Popular Posts