Good Things


Good Things

By Shaire Blythe
Thursday, January 21, 2016

Present day, I cannot keep that focus, Let me keep that in focus
But I'm like a soul that tells no lies, keeps no secrets
What's on my mind, I speak it
No apologies
False heartbreak's done it to me
True believer in do what I would want done to me
Still, no apologies

And with my eyes watering, My words a blubbering mess, Don't take it for weakness
I'm strong for the simple fact I can take myself there, I feel it
Don’t numb

I'm not running anywhere, afraid
What comes easy doesn't last long
So if I chase, it's not because I don't love myself, I do
I've learned to tell the difference between a bad and a good thing
And you hold tight to the good things

Hope is the evilest reward, especially when the intention to feel it wasn't at beginning
But forget beginning
Endings are beginnings
Pushed to release the feelings, When one is all I've been feeling
And still, me giving my all was necessary

And I've learned the difference between the good and the bad
There's always going to be bad
There will be dark days
But who and what made them the brightest?
Who stayed when loving became uneasy?
What makes one forget it, the good things?

I will never numb
Actions gave me feeling
In love with those feelings
The good things and the bad

Comments

Popular Posts