Heart Blows

By Shaire Blythe
December 4, 2015

Heart Blows

I'll never hold you back
That's just my love for you
And don't take it the wrong way, me being okay with whatever you choose

I made a promise to keep you happy
Even if it's no longer me
So if you walk out the door,
I'll feel pain but still will breathe

Just remember I'll always be here
I'm not going nowhere 
If there comes distance 
I'll be right on my way
I took the risk, I knew what was at stake
My heart will still see another day

Don't ask me what I want
We know I'll always want you
Go ahead and be selfish 
That's what I said

I know that life can take you down and throw you out
I know the added stress of being a lover and continuing to love each other

And I know it'll take some time
At least for me to get over us and what we had
But I have no care 
Not for me
Only what's best for you

So much time, so much energy 
It never made sense to me
For it all to be wasted
But I know at the end of the day
All the blows my heart had to take won't leave me empty


Comments

Popular Posts