Words Have Escaped


Words Have Escaped

By  Shaire Blythe
Sunday, February 28, 2016

Not many words to say
I thought I could go on forever, but I can't
I've drained me, allowed you to do the same too
But that was only for a moment
Lessons from my past I did not lose, but didn't let effect us progressing

My escape was not in vain
I ran, got out of the way
You were coming for me in the worst way
You knew what would cause pain and still went there
Something I did not need
But it's a shame
I thought better of you than that

I do know what I never mentioned
I paid attention
I didn't want to start a fight
Still, I could only sit back and take the disrespect for so long

I didn't have to go searching
Every clue fell in my lap when I wasn't even looking
I knew He wouldn’t forsake me
Never has
And I was only praying that it wasn't you
Not you that could do this to me

And I know no one's perfect
Not even me
But I never would've hurt you with intentions
Till this day, you can't admit what you didn't say

I'm going to have to be okay with that
It's nothing new
But that's the tragedy
It's never something true
But they sure fake it
Get what they can take and run
Any one is mistaken if I'll ever be so open again
And I won't apologize for it
I have reason that was given over and over again

Comments

Popular Posts