Every Butterfly Must Grow Their Wings

Nothing in life is ever easy, right?

To let go is even harder when every ounce of your being screams something only maybe you know.
Or, perhaps, another once knew too.
They may have gotten lost, or they are fighting what they know too.
Hell, they helped you get to the state you are in and they know it.
But will they do a damn thing about it?
Even if it's a simple thing such as a release.
A word to release.
Not leave you with this undeniable joy and hope that things are going to get better from there.
That one moment. That realization.

Or was it all a mind game?
A cruel joke on me for once more believing.
I would never do the same.
But that's me.
A honest soul that made me be seen.
And, yet, I am still being torn down, stripped to nothingness by the same one who showed me a beautiful life.
And I am left with an empty space within, wondering if he'll ever make an appearance again.

Face me.
If you ever meant any word you said, along with the actions that were undoubtedly consistent, face me.
Or walk away.
Allow my visualization of a real man to be forever ruined.

Comments

Popular Posts