Burning Soul

Burning Soul

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, February 14, 2016

Long, winding road
I made my choice to take it
Wouldn't have it any other way
Nothing amazing ever comes easy
I wish that was a vision they could see
But they will have to face what they face
I can speak so many words, but they don’t mean a thing unless they are listening and understanding
Not as if I haven’t been there before as well
So I know, It's just many never find their way

Doubtful, Have no one on their team
I've been blessed
Want to reach out, but I learned not everyone can be saved
And anyone that drains you of your personal spirit, doesn’t feed, is never good company

I choose You over and over again
I can't promise to not stray
But I'll always find myself next to You
At the end of the day
Just accept me
And never let me go
Keep on giving me hope
Strengthen my faith and give me patience
Even with fire burning in my soul

Sometimes a beautiful temptation
I would run off and take it
Caught up in what everyone else was getting away with
I had to know that side of life too
Fun for the moment, but still left me empty
And maybe that's just their thing
But I know there's something greater out there for me

Faithful, I have sinners and saints on my team
Still a work in progress
We all fall down, but have each other to pick up when all seems hopeless
With a world full of negative and temporary, fear becomes non-existent

I refuse to settle for the simple life, day to day living
Won't be treated as if I am not worthy
Wouldn't wish so on no one

Comments

Popular Posts