Mine To Keep


Mine To Keep

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, February 7, 2016

No rules were given, we roll with the punches
I wouldn't be me if I didn't notice what I must do
Not like I want to

I could claim many lies, I could go on ruthless
But that isn't my life
Don't want to put anyone through that

And I still carry hope, I still have my faith
Come find me, in a place that I once embraced, but forsaken
Thought I had kept it, but I was wrong
Time to start over, But remember
I never walked away

Walls of comfort, I'm stealing them back today
Everything I thought I deserved, I watched it disintegrate
If I had been smarter, I would've watched where I took my steps
Yet, still, I have no regrets

I was too high, high off what I had no right to be
So I cannot be angry
Hurt, all can be forgotten easily
But I've forgiven, I didn't need time to pass to see

 Don't you ever say I walked away
I came in from every angle to try and save the day
That's my love, what more can I say
A side that no other has known, not even close
But you'll believe what you want anyway

Comments

Popular Posts