Self I Own

Self I Own

By Shaire Blythe
Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Are we all fools for another?
One we can do no wrong and hope the same in return
And what about the damage from before we started?
A damage that follows every move
And no matter if you try to shake it, It won't let you go

I've seen trouble
I've been in trouble
And I know trouble when I see it and I feel it

Or so I thought
Or am I going about you wrong?
We just know I have to be right
I really don't wanna be right
I would never bounce back to the self I own

Are we in love with each other?
Feelings can come in strong and be misread
Isn't it safe to say the others before had been misread?
And who's to say that I make you fulfilled
You can say all you want, but my gut feelings be having a terrible hold

We're in trouble
We bring in trouble
And with our trouble, we may reach our end

What is real and what isn't?
Is it my own mind that's got me tripping?
And all those games that were played and toyed with my emotions before
I was hurt and deserted
Left with a broken heart
But I vowed to never let it happen again
I vowed to pay attention to intuition or paranoia

Which one is it?
Can't tell the difference anymore
And I don't want to be shattered to pieces on the floor
I just know the turmoil from my war

Comments

Popular Posts