My Greatest Release

I have forgiven. But you should know--if you care or not--you have broken me. Shattered me. I always kept in mind the damage you could cause and was no stranger to voicing so, but you truly were the last person I expected. I have the pleasure of feeling as if I was dealing with the perfect imposter the entire time. This is by far the last image I ever wanted to have of you. But you have not painted yourself any other way. I never wanted to leave, but all indicators of yours have given me no reason to stay. And, yeah, you can flip this and say I walked away or gave up my faith in you, but that would not be the case. My love for you and my spirit is at a safe distance, hoping life will never get the best of you and God will still bless you with finer things--true, everlasting happiness.

Comments

Popular Posts