Your Team

Mentioning the word "team" has been a repetitive happening for me here lately. I have been saying it, but until this exact moment, the importance and value of it had not truly "hit home." I cannot stress how vital YOUR TEAM is in life. I was just thinking of how small my team actually is--for the time being. I am not ignorant to turn others away or say that it will never grow. But, in all honesty, I have only five faithful ones that have not strayed, no matter the distance or the disagreements that have come to pass, because, trust me, there has been plenty of both and the disagreements have topped over the distance. I can say that three of the five include my family. The other two are not blood, but they might as well be.

I have such a small team. Some could not see how this team can do anything. They think quantity over quality. But I assure you, quality is much greater.

If it has not been for them, my moments of complete darkness would still be hovering over me with every step I take and every corner I turn. If it was not for their faith, I would not be building such a strong faith at this time.

Faith is something I have struggled with off and on. I would think: "I am young. I have all the time in the world to become faithful and get close to God. It is for older people, not the young generation." I would now disagree. Tomorrow is not promised. It is never assured. I have walked around with an honest heart, trying to do nothing but good unto others (treating them like I would like to be treated) but how hypocritical of me to do the "works" and "charity" that God's word speaks, but not have full faith in Him. I tried to have the reigns on my life. I tried to do good, but kept Him at the outskirts of my life, but still tried to embody Him.

I was touching His words and faith with half of my heart.

I was in the wrong. And He showed me that in just one instant.

Your team will keep you on track. Your team may not be religious or so like mine. But I am starting to understand that, for my team and what fits my lifestyle, removing God from it just will not do. He is my foundation for everything in my life. Without Him, I would be nothing.

Comments

Popular Posts