Sand Is Not A Rock


Sand Is Not A Rock

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, February 14, 2016

Without the rain, how could we know what it's like to get back up?
Taken from me, a love I made important, but during our reign I lost what was most important
I had forgotten and he too

Makes sense for me to be deserted
I deserve it, Can't blame God for this one
But in my soul, there remains a stirring
I feel the need to surface and breathe for air
Could you really say the same and mean it?

You're making the distance sound inevitable
Say it will happen, regardless, one day, we will both say
I think, if you're so sure the end is inevitable, why when I gave the option for me to walk and let you be, you couldn't
Didn't want to lose me, Couldn't imagine you life without me in it?
Might want to find out why…
But I can't push you to that brink
You'll have to figure it out on your own, I hope and pray

Praying seems to be my only way, getting me through the days
Building that foundation once again, I'd abandoned
I might have said I was blessed, and you did the same, but did we truly pray?
I don't think so
One of our mistakes
That's why I can't be mad
Sand mistaken for a rock
If only we could be given one more chance
I'd make sure we do it right next time
If only

Comments

Popular Posts