Flames

By Shaire Blythe
Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Flames

Set me on fire, then wash the blaze away,
It would be better than what you already do,
I must say, I gave you everything--my heart and soul,
All I ever asked was for you to do the same,
Your frustration, your selfishness, has pushed me to the edge,
I want nothing to do with you,

Let me go, let me go…
Don’t ever speak my name,
And let me go, let me go…
We will never be the same, Not after the flames,
They stole everything from me…

Couldn’t even rush to get the water, you were so happy,
Is this everything you had thought of, or even more,
You don’t care of the damage, it’s always been about yourself,
Thinking I could handle it, but my grip is too far gone,

I wanted the sturdy home, and you gave me sticks,
What about the stones--you might as well,

No air circulating, you stole the oxygen,
As my lungs fill, black as night, I still look into your eyes, and I know…

Comments

Popular Posts