Midnight Hour

Midnight Hour

By Shaire Blythe 
Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Partially honest and brave
We didn't have to say anything 
Let's be honest, nights were amazing 
Got them running, fogging up my thoughts

Never really explored intense pleasure and pain 
We were both on the same page 
Sticking to the script of expecting nothing
But the movements of us colliding like we were on to something, but wasn't

It's sad, but true, I didn't really know you 
That was okay, you didn't know me too
That's not what we came together for
Two different worlds, and I just made myself to adore you
Wanted to know what your side was like
And you confessed you'd never been in mine

Let's both agree we changed with the season 
Gave in and left with reason
Inevitable the way we began
I was reckless and you were stressing 
Started out as fun
You were my homey, then you didn't know me

Not unexpected 
That's why I didn't trip
Though you did get some of my mind
You didn't steal my peace, went straight back to doing me
But I was protected
Wasn't going to do what we did again

I heard you went through real shit
But it wasn't my business 
I simply got the pieces of you that you'd given me on my mind at this midnight hour











Comments

Popular Posts