Nothing Is Yours That You Never Had


Nothing Is Yours That You Never Had

By Shaire Blythe
Saturday, February 6, 2016

What are you doing?
Shouldn’t I deserve the truth by now?
Man, I have been through it
Can't figure this shit out
I am so done

Do you know how much strength it took out of me to get the courage to do half of what I've done?
You don't know, You wouldn't know
Cause you don't have the heart
Thought we had passed that square one

Guess I was wrong
Guess you took back all you said
And I can't be mad
Nothing is yours that you never had
I just had more faith in you
The worst part is seeing all you can be and watching that be stripped away from you for some reason I wouldn't know
Unless you only took that you away from me
Still, why so cruel?

Give me truth in the third degree
You might believe I can't take it, but I can
Rather that than to never know what I don't
You claim blunt and honest, well give it
All I'm asking, What I've been asking since day one

Comments

Popular Posts