Deal With Me

By Shaire Blythe
Monday, December 9, 2013
 
Deal With Me
 
Never been one for a charity case,
Even when I’m walking out that door,
 
I can see all I have to face,
Even when I don’t wanna face it anymore,
 
But the train ride keeps going, and going,
There’s no way I can stand by,
I can hear you calling my name,
But I don’t answer, ‘cause I remember,
 
How much it takes for me to break,
I’m the one that’s always there,
Never felt ashamed, I just wanted you to know I would always care,
But you can’t handle, You haven’t learned how to,
Deal with me,
 
Not to place me on a pedestal,
I would never go there, That means I would’ve never stepped to you,
But the level you’re on, It just doesn’t fit,
Making a big deal out of petty shit,
The excuses I made, I was stupid,
The benefit of the doubt I gave, But you made me more insane,
 
And the clouds are rolling, rolling,
Gotta crush the hope you’ve given,
There exists no space for you and me to be placed,
So erase the questions, ‘cause I remember,
 
How much it takes for me to break,
I’m the one that’s always there,
Never felt ashamed, I just wanted you to know I would always care,
But you can’t handle, You haven’t learned how to…
 
Deal with your pain,
Find your good strength,
All of my questions, You’d hate to answer,
Only because you don’t know yourself,
 
You pretend you do, Put on your toughness,
But you’re not a man, No, not yet,
Wanted to help build you, Don’t mean I must be with you,
And that’s were I fucked up,
Said I fucked up…
 
Life keeps going, and I remember…
 

Comments

Popular Posts