Inferno

By Shaire Blythe
Friday, December 13, 2013
 
Inferno
 
Let the names keep burying,
I'll be okay,
Out of sight, out of mind,
Again, I'll be just fine,
 
My fragile skin has been cloaked in armor,
I still deliver the blows,
And you do so,
 
Difference, my intentions, are not to start a fire,
While you throw wood in for an inferno,
Try to deny it,
Don't be fooled, I can douse out the flames,
There'll be no trace,
 
The names are buried,
I'm still learning,
Said I'm doing just fine,
Out of sight, out of mind,
It was years ago,
 
My breathing runs steady,
Not hot and heavy, Like you tried to leave me,
Where would you have led me?
 
The names I am burying,
They're not to see another day,
Another month, another day,
 
Told you I'm learning,
There are no tears to wipe away,
You are gone, There is no trace...

Comments

Popular Posts