Me Being Me

By Shaire Blythe
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
 
Me Being Me
 
Why yes, I'm a human being, Flawed at the seams,
You can't really change me,
 
And yep, I can give you room to breathe,
But first you gotta promise me, that there will be no running back,
 
I'm tryna tell you that I don't have much time,
I'm sick of all the lies,
Love don't really last, Take a look at my past,
 
So darling, I'm glancing at the mirror now,
No tears falling down,
And I'm happy, I'm laughing, at the journey to make it to now,
I never needed no one else, I'm good all by myself,
I've figured it out,
Me being me,
 
Oh well, I went for another round,
And I fell down, You cannot blame only me,
 
And yeah, I'm kinda crazy,
But it's you that made me,
I was playing myself, Cause you were not focused,
 
I'm tryna tell you my heart was deep,
Your ways made it incomplete,
Love doesn't last, when it's not love,
 
I have no problem with all that,
Just another to look past,
I'll still smile if you turn back,
But I know...

Comments

Popular Posts