Fade

By Shaire Blythe
Thursday, December 12, 2013
 
Fade


Today is a new day,
I know now what I didn’t know, that I am now seeing,
 
So damn complicated for no earthly reason,
They say fears change with the seasons,
That proved right, I lost the fight,
 
But then, I didn’t know that I was in the ring,
You spoke it off like shit wasn’t a thing,
My bad, I just had to ask,
 
Then again, I shouldn’t want to ask,
You’re suppose to clear the doubt away,
But you can’t when you’re really fake,
 
I’m not the one to blame,
Must wash the insecurity, Cause I’m beautiful,
You even told me,
Dove headstrong with full faith, And I wouldn’t change a damn thing,
Except the part were I fade,
 
And I did, making up the excuses,
Straining myself, draining my strength,
Not good for my health,
All because I wanted to be the one to help make you strong,
 
You didn’t do a damn thing for me, I mean really,
I never asked for much, just for you to stay in touch,
You couldn’t do that one thing,
 
And how many times I gave opportunity to leave,
Why you never take them?
Save any apologies, please,
But then that would take you coming up to approach me,
 
I still wouldn’t take you back,
One day, this will all be the past,
I won’t fade no more…

Comments

Popular Posts