Living

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
 
Living
 
I can be no angel,
I can’t be nothing you want me to be,
 
All I see, lies that dangle,
Or is what I want, not meant for me,
 
I like to think that I don’t ask for much,
With what lies in the past, I’ve had enough,
But what comes my way, is no better,
I’ve given up,
 
But that never determines the end,
It never starts a beginning,
If this leads me to a dead end, I’ll turn right back around and keep living,
Turn right back around and keep living,
 
Not like this is a space I’ve never seen before,
Only the walls were different colors, and sometimes I couldn’t see the floor,
 
Here I stand, I’m still alive,
With these bruises on my hands, not seen to the naked eye,
I sure fell through, with nothing to lose,
Thought I lost identity, but here, I see,
 
No one can tell me different,
I’ve been through my experiments,
I have solved the problem and made the conclusion,
I’ma keep moving…
 
But that never determines the end,
It never starts a beginning,
If you said that this was the end,
I wouldn’t believe you,

Comments

Popular Posts