Free Spirit

By Shaire Blythe
Friday, December 13, 2013
 
Free Spirit


You chose your home, and I’m cool with that,
No more hearing the train on the train tracks,
Watching them go by, wasting away time,
 
Create no hearts, I’m through with that,
And that plastic ring, Take it back,
 
I saw a human being,
You did say you were mean,
One thing, You didn’t lie about,
 
I watch the beaming sun,
And know where I come from,
I have the free spirit, I’m not going to run,
No losing myself, Know what’s best for my health,
Happiness is not in another, It comes from within,
 
I made my bed, I must lay in it, I accept the fact…
Told to follow my heart, By you, Can’t change I listened to you…
 
Have no regrets, Not at all,
Hope for the best, but expect to fall,
 
So I’m done here,
Leaving it all out on the plywood floor,
No stopping when I’m out the door and out of here,
 
I’m the free spirit…

Comments

Popular Posts