Exactly 5 Years Today

Today is exactly 5 years since I first began typing for my story The Dirty. I am glad & proud to say that I have been working on it every night since I've gotten back home for Xmas break, and have finished up multiple chapters with great ease, that it even surprises me.

For any who don't know, The Dirty is my baby. It's a very meaningful piece of work to me that protests against the violence within Chicago, criticizes the senseless doings that causes the violence, and it also goes under the layers of where violence can derive from, and what road it can lead to.

I first began this story with absolutely no direction. It actually sat on my computer, just a little written, untouched for at least a year. That was until Derrion Albert's death occurred and I ran across this video that gave me a whole new idea. (This is the video). Both of those events touched my soul, and I knew exactly where I wanted to take The Dirty afterwards.

I had planned to be done with this story by the end of this year, but going off to school set me back; my mind was never focused enough to give all that I had and channel it, the emotions I needed, into The Dirty. But I'm positive that at the rate that I'm currently going, if I can keep it up, I will be finished early in 2014.

That's my goal.

Earlier Posts of The Dirty, some partial chapters & some whole - if you wanna check 'em out.

The Dirty
The Dirty: Stepping In Hot Water
The Dirty (Old Version): Out Of Control
The Dirty: In Trouble Now


Comments

Popular Posts