Last Two


By Shaire Blythe
Friday, December 27, 2013
 
Last Two

No words added up, not between the both of you,
I don’t know what happened with my eyes, they must have looked past truth,
 
Place you guys side by side, you’re a mirror image,
Probably could’ve even been best friends,
 
Always hated the comparison, it was a shame then,
But I couldn’t have been more right,
 
I just want you to know, I’ll be alright, I’ll be just fine,
When I face both of you, one will take flight, while the other dies,
And I can tell which one,
But I choose neither of you,
 
I hid nothing, so did that make me the fool,
Both hid, stupid shit, so are they really the ones?
 
I think I like these mirror images, and these Libras,
I was lying that I was meant for ya, Caught up in what could be,
 
The potential is what I was seeing, not what you are,
Releasing all those daydreams, they’ve gotta go,
Cause you were reality, standing before me, more tainted,
Not like I wasn’t down for the ride, not my first time,
But you two are my last, for sure…

Comments

Popular Posts