Fortress

By Shaire Blythe
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
 
Fortress
 
I’ve got the bricks and stones,
Digging out the trenches,
There will be a river flow,
You won’t believe your faces,
 
If I must be alone, You can bet I will,
A throne, made for one, can be a good deal,
 
Watch me build this fortress, From the ground up,
There will be blood,
In the end, it’ll be worth it,
You can see my fortress, Over the hills and far, far away,
It will be a sight to see, You best believe,
 
Corridor halls, Long but not empty,
Though, maybe, party of one,
Grandeur stairs, To anywhere grand they lead,
And beautiful artworks accompanying,
 
My fortress will stand tall and strong,
Try to burn it down, But mind the water that surrounds,
I can put the flames out,
Go destroy your own home…

Comments

Popular Posts