Miss Me

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, December 29, 2013
 
Miss Me
 
I’ve erased the pain, Now I don’t feel a thing when you speak to me,
Who’d ever imagined, There was a time my heart couldn’t beat without you,
Those lonely nights without you beside me, I had thought I wouldn’t see the end, and die right there,
 
It’s amazing, I think all that shit phased me and shifted me to another dimension,
Or a whole other planet,
I didn’t plan this, but that’s the thing, I have no control,
 
You’re saying you want me back around, Say that you miss me,
Why couldn’t that have been so when I thought it was just you and me,
Us against the world, You were supposed to be a part of my team, But you wasn’t then,
Why should I believe that you are now? Now that I’m not around,
 
I heard a real woman, when she discovers her worth, will be through with all the bullshit and get to stepping,
The only way to do it,
 
It took me some time, I didn’t care of the lies in your eyes,
And the ways you kept hurting me, You wouldn’t believe,
 
Played my role of ride or die, but I was just dying, and when it came to that, you wouldn’t save me,
 
Bet it just kills you inside, during those late nights,
I hope you recognize who was on your side, All those times when no one else was for you,
All those times I defended you, Only my ass was there,
 
I was right there, but not anymore, Not like I was before,
The distance is greater, and I’m not letting up, I know better,

Comments

Popular Posts