Not To Blame

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
 
Not To Blame


To whomever this may concern, I am innocent,
I am just as confused as you, if not more,
 
I know you want someone to point your fingers at,
I say, I’m not that girl,
Put the gun down for one split second,
 
He had his mind made up, Take it,
He created his own rush, I was nowhere near
Ain’t that effed up,
 
Don’t mistake me for not trying,
In desperate need of my own thoughts, not what was trying to be sold,
God knows I loved him,
That’s what made my heart so cold,
 
You can’t go back, you can never turn back,
Let me go, just release me,
You had your hold, but you don’t have it no more,
 
Your bullshit games have toyed with my mind,
I've given you more than enough time,
Now I have you to thank, I'm going away,

Comments

Popular Posts