Masquerade

By Shaire Blythe
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
 
Masquerade
 
Coming over, you look a little crooked from where I’m standing,
Not a bitter one, but I know I have been here way before,
 
And who’s to say if I’m wrong or right, but I’ve been through it,
Throwing my middle fingers up, like I don’t give a fuck, no excuses,
 
So don’t question me,
I’ve had enough, gotten tough,
You can’t tell me nothing,
Feeling like this is a masquearde,
Who wears the mask?
There’s no glancing back now,
 
Looking over, I see in your eyes, what this is about,
You’re either drifting on a cloud or you can’t see the ground,
It’s something that never gets old,
 
Hand me something new,
Hand me something true,
That’s if you dare,
 
Greatest performance of the night,
I see under the spotlight, That is yours,
 
More dim than it appears,
I feel if it was bright, I would shun my eyes, and carry on into the night…

Comments

Popular Posts