Fine


By Shaire Blythe
Monday, July 21, 2014
 
Fine
 
I'm not stupid, I know what you did,
Too bad cupid couldn't steer you away,
 
One girl wasn't enough?
Had to make me cry and feel like I wasn't enough,
I guess I should've seen this coming, Guess I should've kept my distance,
 
I always go in with a clear mind, blocking the bad and seeing the good,
Shouldn’t have done so this time, and it’s too bad,
We didn’t pass,
But I won’t let me break,
 
Go ahead with your bull lies, I am just fine,
I still got my hope,
Might call me a fool that’s blind, but that’s all right,
I know something you don’t,
A path that we chose, and I’m fine on my own,
 
With coldhearted eyes, you didn’t spare the lies,
Kept them coming and coming,
 
Look at you, then look at me--I sacrificed,
The days I was glowing, I didn’t notice that you weren’t right,
 
Tell me something that can explain,
Explain what’s the use in the pain,
Pain that you caused, pain that was avoidable,
But my mistake,
 
One day this will be a distant memory,
A story to tell, that I’ll hardly remember,
I can’t wait for that day, All will truly be erased,

Comments

Popular Posts