Good End


By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, July 13, 2014
 
Good End
 
I stare at the phone, Wondering if you’ll get in touch with me,
I’m wanting to reach out to you, but I’m not certain what I should do,
 
Just curious if you’re okay, and if you’ve found another girl,
If so, that was fast, you really take no breaks,
 
I’m not obliged to feel hurt, not when I cut the ties,
But that’s only because I was drowning in the paranoia of lies,
And if you were truly happy,
 
I was once truly happy,
In time, the happiness diminished,
Tried to grab it again, but it’s impossible with only one working for a good end,
 
We’ve become the perfect strangers,
Went from talking everyday to barely once a week,
 
I guess that’s what happens when you step back to friends,
But a friend has feelings, Ones that lead another way,
 
You say you want the same too,
Say you still got deeper feelings,
I want to believe you, Give the benefit of the doubt,
And still, you’re not fighting,
Actions have always spoken louder than words,
 
With the created distance, Exploring new is what I wish to do,
But I’m caught at a standstill, with no new and then there is you,
 
There can exist a good end here, still,
We both travel on and find something that will always make us happy,
Continue with the love in our hearts for one another, but we really cannot be,
 
True love has different feelings, I believe,
It’ll be a rollercoaster, but not so difficult like we have been,
 
I’ll still dream of you, honestly,
The best one, until I find the real thing…

Comments

Popular Posts