Get Ready

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, July 13, 2014
 
Get Ready
 
I walk on black stones with my heart heavy,
I fell, so well,
 
You had this evil thing about you,
I didn't ask, but I knew I would find out soon--you left so many clues,
 
To think that I once loved you and to see your cold stare, I question myself if you were ever here,
 
You couldn’t have, I know no you,
To forget all of that, I know is what I must do,
So get ready, Prepared to be a distant memory,
We must get ready…
 
I drowned, so down, it was miserable,
With no crown, no bounds, so invisible,
 
When you told me you loved me, what a shit of bull,
I felt the crash, we couldn’t last, I would find out soon,
 
To think that you could hide forever, You must have not really cared,
 
Get ready for the walls to come caving in,
For the oceans to wrap themselves and come barging in,
 
We know I’ve been here, but not the same of once being here,
You were all so lame, for sure,
 
Take the excuses and useless calls, go and trade them for nothing at all,
That was what you given me,
Nothing you have given me,

Comments

Popular Posts