Ghost

By Shaire Blythe
Saturday, July 12, 2014
 
Ghost
 
Screaming in my head, There's got to be some place that is better than this,
I'm losing my breath, I'm stumbling with every step I take,
 
I'm losing my place in this world, Falling too deep into this space, unknown…
 
And here we go, here we go--here comes the trouble,
It came up quick, Took nothing but a second to make its presence known,
That’s how it always goes, Sneaking up on me,
Then I become a ghost,
 
And here we go, here we go--here comes what I know,
Just me only,
Kept it in for so long, there’s no way no one can know,
That’s how it always goes,
Then I become the ghost,
 
Woe pitiful me, that’s what you must think,
Write the prescription, take medicine, Make me normal,
 
It cannot only be me, Feeding into this fake luminosity, I don’t know…
 
I am not seen, Taking this journey through the motions,
It’s everlasting,
 
I am not seen, Head down with the hurt burning,
I’m crashing,

Comments

Popular Posts