Forever Is A Long Way

By Shaire Blythe
Thursday, July 10, 2014
 
Forever Is A Long Way
 
Say that you’re not alone, Say you got somebody,
I cannot be that one you reach out to,
My feet walks on no stone ground,
Not when life pertains to you,
 
I tried, don’t say that I didn‘t,
So many damn times that I lost count,
I pushed myself to over drive, And I still didn’t get your loving,
 
Not the way that I needed,
Not the way I deserved,
So I’m saying that I’m leaving,
There’s no way I’m turning back to face you,
Even if the sky was falling down,
We went for our rounds,
But forever is a long way,
 
Let go of what once was, I had to,
You made sure of that,
I am not some sort of saint,
But you are worsem, complete fool,
 
And I cried, don’t dare deny that I didn’t,
So many damn times I said we were finished,
You pushed me to do things I didn’t want to do,
I still wasn’t your only,
 
Long ways away,
I’ve come to accept it,
Continue taking out the trash,
And soon I will get to my treasure…

Comments

Popular Posts