Shit Goes Down

By Shaire Blythe
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
 
Shit Goes Down
 
Don’t expect me to expose myself,
I don’t know what you’re even here for,
 
I couldn’t make myself more clearer,
You see through me, my heart on my sleeve,
 
My damned mistake, being only me--never was for plastic,
As if you were the captain on this ship, giving orders, take your pick…
Not to be tricked, I’m not yours, and even if I was, you don’t get it, not now,
 
Shit goes down… And you’re asking me to stay, but no dice,
I had to tell you twice,
When shit goes down, I have learned to turn the other way,
It’s better you don’t see me…
 
In such a damn hurry,
There is no earthly reason to be,
 
I won’t lie, I used to be down for the rush,
But I wasn’t in touch with myself--Hadn’t found my clarity,
 
My damned mistake back then--not knowing what I needed,
If you had seen me back then, you might got the wrong impression,
I’m not pulling out no tricks, if all you want is to score, then I’ll be on my way…
 
The freaks come out to play, and you won’t see me,
I rather stick to privacy, and that’s where you can feel me,

Comments

Popular Posts