Gutters

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
 
Gutters
 
Can you tell me what did I do, You just walked away,
You did not stay,
 
I understand I’m a train wreck, Not always going to be so perfect,
Still you walked away,
 
That day, I swear, was the ending,
I saw the burning grounds after the angels had ascended,
Full on chaos, but I wasn’t even present,
My mind had been so far gone,
 
Speak a little louder, at least then you will be speaking to me,
Left me here in the gutters, and I’m not clean,
Everyone can see what you’ve done to me,
I’m in pieces, I took a risk that’s left me hurting,
And they all know…
 
I’m continuously thinking, playing back our conversations in my head,
I had to have said something, something that made you want to leave,
 
From the day that I met you, I knew that one day we could be through,
But I never expected the end like this, an ending that doesn’t make sense,
 
I gave you the business,
Maybe what I wasn’t putting out was what you were missing,
If so, you should’ve let me know,
Not just take off and disappear,
 
Know the one that I had found,
The one that I have lost,
You once made me so proud,
Then you went ghost,
 
There’s gotta be some way I can make it through this phase of you abandoning me,
I will leave no trace of you abandoning me…

Comments

Popular Posts