In My Head

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
 
In My Head
 
I gotta keep telling myself that I’m not going to die,
That soon this will be over, I will survive,
 
Keep repeating, but my heart is breaking,
I don’t believe a word I’m thinking,
 
And it always stays in my head,
It’s one of those things that cannot be shared,
It makes me feel stupid, nothing but useless,
Why can’t I go on,
 
Take a deep breath,
A few tears, I shed,
I can’t think of nothing else,
My mind is stuck, it’s not good for my health,
 
All the bad times, playing and I don’t grasp why I tried,
I’m beat by every fight,
 
Guess that’s what happens when the pendulum keeps swinging,
You’re given no air,
 
Stuck here anticipating a gift bigger than this,
But I’ve been handed stones my entire life,
 
They keep on coming, they even start to throw them,
And I’m not all right, as I sit and cry,

Comments

Popular Posts