In The Dust

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
 
In The Dust
 
Limbo has found me, got me stuck on you,
All these others around me, and yet I’m stuck on you,
 
You caved me into your trap,
I had known better this time,
Or so I’d thought,
You’ve proven adolescent love to be blind,
 
If only I knew what to do, and where to go,
Looking for answers still, and I’m cold,
 
Take your lips, seal them shut,
I’ve heard enough from you,
I cannot want to, try us again, take you for a spin,
Beating myself down on this merry go round,
That never stops to let me off,
 
I went through your messages today,
All of the memories began to play, and I just wanted to go back,
 
My whole sights were set on you, when you finally got through to me,
I had been terrified, but you swooned me to let my guards die,
I sure did,
 
Now all alone, with nowhere to call home,
My heart not beating, and I can’t breathe,
 
I hate that I want you, and the fact I love you,
Yeah, I said it--I love you,
I fucking cared, and gave you my trust,
You were once there, and then disappeared,
You gave up on us, and I’m the one left in the dust,

Comments

Popular Posts