Goodbye

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
 
Goodbye
 
Your number never pops up anymore,
I can’t pretend like I haven’t noticed,
I guess this time I really closed that door,
Didn’t wish to,
 
Break up and make up every time, but not this time…
 
Mistreatment can only be taken so much,
I’ve got the bruises, and the memories that come with such a rush,
One moment came, and you crossed the line,
All I can say is,
Goodbye...
 
There you seem to be, perfectly standing strong,
Why am I the only hurting, I thought I was strong,
Ain’t it funny how much can change,
But it hurts too,
 
You never really got why I fussed,
Trouble telling if real or just lust,
Till that second came, and everything changed,
I knew what I had to do was say,
Goodbye…
 
We’re gonna be just fine,
Close my eyes and pray I make it through this night,
The first one is the hardest, getting restless, but we had to take this flight,

Comments

Popular Posts