Cannot Do


By Shaire Blythe
August 4, 2014
 
Cannot Do
 
I fucked up my sleep the night I left you,
And still I know it was the right thing to do,
Vivid details in tracing, playing out the scenes,
They never come true, so I don’t know why I continue,
 
I try…we all know the truth,
Turn out those lights, they’re like fireflies,
Looking deep in my eyes,
And I can try to run, but can’t hide,
 
It was all for the show, wasn’t so critical,
Here I am, no ending tone, I thought I’d let you know,
What I believe, you wouldn’t think, tell me to let it go,
But I can’t, I cannot do,
 
Do you carry bad dreams, cause I know I do,
I’m not going to lie, I hope you’re turning too,
I have to be a memory, how crazy of me if I’m stuck on you, and you could care less,
 
I fight… we all know the truth,
I give all my might, till there’s nothing I can prove,
But I’m not the same, you can’t look that way,
I had much to change, so spare me,
 
I cannot be right here, right now,
I should be making my way,
Said you wanted me here, right now,
But I can’t find you,
You’re nowhere to be found,

Comments

Popular Posts