Sticks & Stones Will Break Bones

Life is simply shit sometimes. That is the honest truth. If anyone tells you different, they are in a whole other universe. Even the happiest people know life can be crappy. It is actually said that the happiest people are the ones that are dragged through the most shit, but one might never know it; they hide it well.

With that being said, know you're not alone.

I would always use to say "I'm okay" if anyone ever asked how I was doing. I thought it was the norm to keep any troubles bottled inside or merely to yourself. No one else seemed to express depression or if they were upset and so on. All I would ever hear from them is the same, "I'm okay" or "I'm fine." I was at Heartland Baptist Church some years ago when my Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Kathy, touched that subject. She mentioned that it was okay not to be okay and to actually verbalize that. If you were angry, say you were angry. If you were barely hanging on, let that be known. Her lesson has stuck with me till this day, and I had been only a little kid then. From that moment on, I was pretty honest with how I felt. It still took me a minute to warm up to the idea, but most would say that I'm rather frank today. Sometimes too blunt, but it's a part of my character now.

Allow your feelings to be known. Do not bottle them. Anything bottled for long is destined to explode. Proven fact. It may not be a minute from now or even a year. Hell, it can take up to ten years, but it will explode and the consequences can be ugly.

Regardless, what the majority of society may think, feelings aren't weak. Feelings are fucking honest.

Own that, because everyone is only human.

Comments

Popular Posts