Trying To Figure It Out

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, July 6, 2014
 
Trying To Figure It Out
 
Let’s not go faking what we really are,
You’ve given hidden scars, and claim I did the same too,
But why does it feel like I’m the only one to lose,
 
Funny I was the one to cut the ties,
Yet you still did so on those days I couldn’t look you in your eye,
You took complete advantage, and left some damage,
I cannot stand this,
 
What am I fighting for, when I know right from wrong,
And who am I dying for, while I’m killing me too,
There will be nothing left, but ashes, if I continue wanting you,
I do not need you, and you do not need me too,
 
I must start the erasing, the fact I put myself in your hands,
I was like silly putty, giving you control of molding,
 
You shouldn’t have mentioned, why did you have to mention,
What exactly you were after,
Gave me the picture of happily ever after,
But I haven’t heard from you since,
 
It’s so obvious, and I hate that I still want you so bad,
To leave us in the dust, could lead me to the best thing I’ve ever had,
 
And I should want that to,
I should be reaching for it,
Something I have not found…

Comments

Popular Posts