Talk Is Cheap


By Shaire Blythe
Monday, July 7, 2014
 
Talk Is Cheap
 
I know what you’re made of,
Fiberglass and plastic, rubber bands so elastic, you snap right back,
 
You look at me like there’s something that you wanna say,
Well go ahead and just ask it,
Cause who are you trying to play,
 
You love the skipping, can’t keep your feet on the ground,
Don’t you see me standing here, waiting,
 
You silly boy, you think that life isn’t fair,
Walk around like you are the king,
I’m sorry, it’s disappointing, you can’t always get what you want,
You were so excited, you thought you had me in your grasp,
I got you looking like an ass,
No apologies, the one before taught me talk is cheap,
 
So you’re good looking, just to my standards,
I have made you into the guy that I wanted,
 
Really, all you were was a disappointment,
Never really open, building up control,
Forever, completely hopeless,
 
And there’s no time for that, Not with that clock ticking,
I’m not going to be standing here waiting,
 
Whatever it may be that you’re creating, I’m elated,
No listening anymore,
I have let go, you can get gone, No knocking on my door,
You’ll get no answer,
Not while I’ve come back to life,

Comments

Popular Posts