Tattooed Lips

By Shaire Blythe
Monday, October 13, 2014
 
Tattooed Lips
 
Treading on the back streets, my knees becoming weak
In the air there dangles silence, no one speaks
 
I didn’t know that we were meant to come to a head,
And those lips can’t be predicted tattooed on my neck
My breath trembled, but you didn’t wait to know it
 
So long, along the way
In the far distance I watched you fade, it was beautiful
I’ve grasped what it is I must chase
Not a damn thing, except me
 
Dust settles on the road, and I’m feeling okay
The dirty teardrops cannot be traced, won’t come out for the day
Not as if they really mattered, created from a space that was built on knowing the right thing to say
 
Let me keep my boots on the ground
Let me breathe reality in and let it all out
 
To get to the end of the road, I’m guided by hope
No one left me here, I walk with no fear
I’ve held it dear before, but now I am so sure that this is nothing
It’ll forever be nothing…

Comments

Popular Posts